Association membership is open to everyone – people with a disability, family members, friends, supporters and volunteers. Everyone is welcome!
Membership benefits include:
- Access to our sport and recreation programs, including social competitions for fun and fitness
- Access to funding grants for eligible state, national and international competition and training camp expenses
- Free classification service and advice for new athletes
- Membership to our inclusive Health and Fitness centre, including expert advice for regional members
- Notice of upcoming competitions, including nomination kits
- Invitation to annual special events
- Access to adaptive sport, recreation and fitness equipment
- Free e-news with state-wide programs, upcoming events, results and members’ stories
- Access to Sponsor benefits
Memberships with the Association have a 12-month duration from:
- Financial members:From Board Approval
- Volunteers(Free Membership): Date of registration
As per the Association’s Constitution, all new memberships require approval by the management committee. A copy of the Constitution will be sent out with confirmation of your membership.
- The Association holds Public Liability Insurance to the value of $20 million
- Senior Ordinary Member:A person 18 years of age and over who has a disability and is registered as a current financial member. Voting rights – YES
- Junior Ordinary Member:A person under the age of 18 years of age who has a disability and is registered as a current financial member. Voting rights – NO
- Senior Supporter Member:A person 18 years of age and over who does not have a disability and is registered as a current financial member. Voting rights – YES
- Junior Supporter Member:A person under 18 years of age who does not have a disability and is registered as a current financial member. Voting rights – NO
- Associate Member:Any person who is an employee of the Association and is registered as a current financial member. If within the definition of a disability, then they have the rights (excluding voting) of a Senior Ordinary Member. If they do not have a disability then they have the rights (excluding voting) of a Senior Supporter Member. Voting rights – NO
- Volunteer Member:A volunteer working with the Association (must be over 18 years of age) and must be eligible to be issued a Blue Card. Voting rights – NO
- Honorary Member:A person or organisation invited to membership by the management committee in the interest of the Association for such a period as may be deemed appropriate and appointed according to the current By-Laws. Voting rights – NO
If you have any queries about Association membership, get in touch with us below.