Become a volunteer
Your time, enthusiasm and skills will help us to better deliver our programs and services to more people with a disability and minimise costs.
Download the volunteer fact sheet.
Download the Membership Application Form.
Volunteering is a great way to have fun, learn new skills, share your talents, meet new people and help others.
No experience is required for most volunteer roles. We provide training if required to ensure you have a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
How can you help?
- Sports programs and events – coaching, sports training, one-off events, team staff, umpire/referee, sports subcommittees or assisting with regular sports programs
- Drivers – transport people and equipment for sport and recreation activities
- Gym/fitness – assist people with their workouts and personal fitness goals
- Public relations – marketing/media skills, photography
- Administration – filing, data entry, typing, mailouts and other general office tasks
- Disability education – help us raise awareness and understanding about sport and active recreation for people with a disability
- Fundraising – assisting with promotional fundraising events and minor art unions
There are also opportunities to volunteer as part of student practicum and work experience.
If you are interested in volunteering with us in 2017, please complete a Membership Application Form to register your interest.
Please note: A Positive Notice Blue Card or Working with Children check is a requirement of all volunteer positions.
For more information on volunteering opportunities, contact Susan Solakovic on (07) 3253 3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current volunteer opportunities
Calling all volunteers to come and join us at the BASH, Queensland Wheelchair Rugby Championships 2017. There is always a lot to do at this event and everyone’s help is appreciated. The following positions are available: Manual Scoresheet Attendant, Forty Second Clock Operator, Penalty Box Scorers.
Location: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Sports Centre, Melaleuca Dr, Boondall QLD 4034, Carpark 4
Dates: Friday 29 September to Sunday 1 October 2017
Time: 9am to 5pm (approximately)
Training: Full training provided
Register your interest: If you are available and interested in helping for all or part of the event please complete volunteer registration form by Wednesday 20 September 2017.
The Association is seeking one or two volunteers to assist the Program Officer with all aspects of Boccia training, game and event preparation for 2017.
Location: CPL Building Gladstone, 62 Toolooa Street, Gladstone QLD 4680
Times: 5pm to 6pm each Thursday evening
Training: Training will be provided through on the job supervision and support
Register your interest: please contact Susan Solakovic, HR and Volunteers Coordinator on 07 3235 3333 or email email@example.com as soon as possible.