Update #1: COVID-19
Covid-1916 Mar 2020
Given the unfolding situation with the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Australia and across the world, I wanted to provide you with an update about the additional precautionary measures we are taking to keep our staff and members safe.
From today and in line with Government recommendations, we will put in place the following measures:
- A “Health Screening Form” was implemented in the Gym two weeks ago and this will now be extended to include all members and staff participating in sports activities and visitors to the administration office. The Health Screening Form asks visitors and members whether they have travelled overseas in the past 14 days, or have been in direct contact with anyone who has travelled overseas. If they have, we will take appropriate action (see below). The information collected in the form will not be retained in any database and will be destroyed when appropriate.
- If any staff or members, or their immediate family or household members, travel overseas or return from overseas, they must immediately isolate themselves for 14 days from the date of their return. Staff may return to work and members will be able to visit the gym, play sports or receive therapy if at the end of 14 days self-isolation they are showing no symptoms;
- If staff or members develop any of the identified symptoms, they are to seek immediate medical attention. Staff may not return to work and members may not visit the gym, play sports or receive therapy until we have a medical certificate clearing them for work or activities;
- If staff or members have contact with a person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, they must immediately isolate themselves for 14 days. Staff may return to work and members can visit the gym, play sports or receive therapy if at the end of 14 days self-isolation they are showing no symptoms, or earlier if the suspected case has been confirmed as having tested negative for COVID-19;
- No gatherings of 500 people or more will be organised or coordinated by the Association.
As the situation is changing rapidly, we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will provide updates to you as appropriate. Our approach is to manage the situation in a balanced, calm and measured way and when required act swiftly and communicate clearly.
In the meantime, everyone can help by practicing good hygiene to protect against infection to ensure the safety and well-being of all our staff and members.
If you have any concerns please speak with your Manager or a member of the Executive Management Team.