Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association are presenting an Inclusive Sport and Physical Activity workshop at Sippy Downs on the Sunshine Coast on Monday 25 September 2017 as part of the Get Active Queensland Accreditation Program.
The free workshop is for anyone interested or involved with the provision of sporting opportunities that include people with a disability as players, volunteers, coaches, officials or administrators.
Explore the inclusion of people of all abilities, including people with disabilities, in sport and physical activity programs during a FREE one-day workshop for teachers, teacher aides, tertiary and senior secondary students, school sport volunteers, after-school activity deliverers, disability services staff and community sports members.
- Explore attitudes to disability
- Identify ‘disadvantage’ in a sport or physical activity setting and examine a model to overcome it
- Learn how to adapt and modify sport and physical activities to include people of all abilities in a practical session
- Understand disability sport pathways and classification of athletes for competition
- Participate in a disability sport session
When: Monday 25 September 2017
Time: 8.15am (registration) – 3.30pm
Where: University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs
Register online by Monday 11 September (select ‘Inclusive Sport & Physical Activity from the ‘Course/workshop Option’ drop down menu)
Phone: Steve Paulsen on (07) 3338 9265
Click here for more information.