Queensland Wheelchair Basketball Head Coach
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the team as our Wheelchair Basketball Head Coach, Queensland.
The purpose of this role is to plan, deliver and monitor a co-ordinated programme of high quality, professional Coaching activities, which are progressive and reflective of the needs of elite Queensland wheelchair basketball athletes, to achieve National and International success.
You will be responsible for planning and implementing a daily schedule for categorised athletes which facilitates excellence in team and individual preparation and performance. In addition you will be responsible for identification and nomination of athletes to the national wheelchair basketball program.
While based in Brisbane, this role will require remote supervision and regular visits to on court training sessions throughout Queensland including Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.
To be successful, you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience coaching basketball at state or higher level
- Basketball Australia Association Coach Accreditation (Level 2) of higher
- Knowledge of and experience within the Australian basketball industry and it’s pathways
- Experience designing and implementing successful elite Basketball programs
- High level interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective partnerships with a broad cross section of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and develop athletes
- Experience working with a diverse range of athletes