2017 Bridge to Brisbane
The Bridge to Brisbane fun run is one of Queensland’s largest community events and a great opportunity to raise funds for worthy causes. Last year, Team Sporting Wheelies raised more than $12,000 to help fund the Association’s life-changing programs and services and raise awareness about the importance of healthy activity for people with disabilities.
The 2017 Bridge to Brisbane (Sunday 27 August) is your chance to join Team Sporting Wheelies and show your support!
Don’t be daunted, download our step-by-step registration guide to assist with the registration process.
Feeling sporty, and want to tackle either the 5km or 10km course?
to take part in the
to support our
our Everyday Hero
When registering for the fun run, select either ‘Individual Entry’ or ‘Join a Team’ – both give the same options: enter your details, select your race distance, search for Team Sporting Wheelies – no pin required, select your starting zone depending on whether you want to walk/jog/run, don’t forget to select The Sporting Wheelies and Disabled, Sport and Recreation Association as your charity of choice. If you register before July 2, you will be eligible for the earlybird race registration.
Don’t want to race? You can still support us…
Make a donation
to support the
a member of our team
Please spread the word about Team Sporting Wheelies through your networks, and encourage them to join us or make a donation.
You’ll be helping to raise funds for essential services such as:
- modified equipment for our fitness and rehabilitation centre in Brisbane
- adapted sports equipment such as handcycles and wheelchairs for our social sports programs
- come and try days so people with disabilities can try new activities and find out where to play
- our Junior Development Program for promising young athletes with a disability
- regional and state sporting events for athletes with a disability
- financial support for athletes competing at state, national and international level
Every dollar really does make a difference, so please be as generous as you can!
For more information about Team Sporting Wheelies, contact our Member Services Coordinator Naomi Oliver on (07) 3253 3333.