- Inclusive, accessible fitness and rehabilitation facility at our Brisbane headquarters (60 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills)
- Open to everyone
- Low membership fees
- Friendly, experienced staff who are Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs), registered with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) (click here to find out more about Exercise Physiology), and registered providers for private health claims and Medicare Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan referrals (click here for information on Chronic Disease Management Individual Allied Health Services under Medicare)
- Inclusive and biomechanically-efficient equipment eg. Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES), Motomed, Uppertone, Pulse IFI (Inclusive Fitness Initiative Accredited), accredited upper body strength training equipment
- We accept EFTPOS and have HICAPS available
- Disability parking
- Close to public transport – Bowen Hills train station and bus stops on Edmondstone Road (306, 322, 393) and Abbotsford Road (301, 315, 320)
- Exercise-based rehabilitation program (NeuroMoves) – an intensive one-on-one program designed to maximise functional recovery and independence of people with neurological/musculoskeletal conditions eg. spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury, stroke, cerebral palsy
- Fitness assessment and exercise programming service for people wanting help to design an exercise program that suits their abilities and goals (external gym and home programs available)
- Personal training service for added support and motivation
- On-site remedial massage therapy service
- On-site dietetics and nutrition service
- On-site physiotherapy service
- Advisory service for Association members outside Brisbane eg. we can provide advice to help identify a suitable local gym, tailor an existing exercise program to suit available equipment, or provide ideas on suitable equipment
- Inclusive fitness education and consulting service, including workshops on inclusive fitness principles and practical tips
- Student practicum and work experience opportunities available
Download our fitness and rehabilitation services fact sheet for more information about The Gym.
All new gym members are required to complete medical clearance and health assessment forms before getting started.
- Medical Questionnaire – to be completed by your doctor
- Gym Assessment form – for you to complete
- Personal training agreement form – to be completed at your first session with your personal trainer
For more information, contact ‘The Gym’ at the Brisbane office to discuss our services or to arrange an appointment to visit and talk with one of our staff.