Sports CONNECT Queensland
The Sports CONNECT Queensland Network encourages partnerships between sport/recreation organisations and disability service providers.
Through Sports CONNECT Queensland, our team has worked with:
- sport and active recreation organisations to prepare them for the inclusion of people with disabilities in their programs; and
- disability service providers and their clients to raise the level of awareness about sport and active recreation opportunities for people with a disability
Sports CONNECT Queensland Network Partners
Our partner organisations have undergone the readiness assessment process and have developed a Sports CONNECT Charter – a one page statement of commitment addressing the inclusion of people with a disability in sport and active recreation. Click on the links below for more information about these partners.
- Sport and recreation partners – state sporting organisations in Queensland committed to creating inclusive sporting clubs for people with a disability.
- Disability sector partners – local and state disability service providers aiming to connect people with a disability to sport and active recreation opportunities in their community.
- Multi-sport partners – designated community sports facilities that provide sports programs for people of all abilities, including people with a disability.