Community engagement and education
Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association plays an important role in educating the community about sport and active recreation for people with a disability.
We also work with a range of local, state and national organisations and government partners to encourage the development of pathways for people with a disability to get involved as athletes, volunteers, coaches, officials and administrators.
Our community engagement and education programs include:
- Sports CONNECT Queensland – a Queensland initiative to connect and create pathways between sports organisations and people with a disability. Find out which organisations are Sports CONNECT Queensland partners.
- Sports CONNECT Queensland Education workshops – for anyone interested in learning to provide inclusive sport and active recreation for people with a disability
- Sports Ability – a program of inclusive games, equipment and training for schools, community sport and recreation groups, disability service organisations and other providers
- Hospital programs – weekly sport and recreation activities for patients at the Spinal Injury and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Units at Brisbane’s Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Guest speakers
- Disability sport demonstrations
- Information sessions about the Association and its services