Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association are presenting an Inclusive Sport and Physical Activity workshop at Southport on the Gold Coast on Friday 1 September 2017 as part of the Get Active Queensland Accreditation Program.
The free workshop is for anyone interested or involved with the provision of sporting opportunities that include people with a disability as players, volunteers, coaches, officials or administrators.
Explore the inclusion of people of all abilities, including people with disabilities, in sport and physical activity programs during a FREE one-day workshop for teachers, teacher aides, tertiary and senior secondary students, school sport volunteers, after-school activity deliverers, disability services staff and community sports members.
- Explore attitudes to disability
- Identify ‘disadvantage’ in a sport or physical activity setting and examine a model to overcome it
- Learn how to adapt and modify sport and physical activities to include people of all abilities in a practical session
- Understand disability sport pathways and classification of athletes for competition
- Participate in a disability sport session
When: Friday 1 September 2017
Time: 8.15am (registration) – 3.30pm
Where: The Southport School, 2 Winchester Street, Southport
Register online by Friday 18 August (select ‘Inclusive Sport & Physical Activity from the ‘Course/workshop Option’ drop down menu)
Phone: Steve Paulsen on (07) 3338 9265
Click here for more information.